Looking for a trout rod to throw streamers and easily toss bead rigs? Our custom Echo Boost rod with a Sage Spectrum reel is up to the challenge. From freshwater trout to searuns off the beach, it will get the job done and put a smile on your face.
“Getting Started” Trout Package
We chose the 9′ 0″ – 5 weight Echo Boost rod for this package. The Boost is fast action rod more than capable of throwing leeches, fry patterns, as well as roll casting bead and nymph rigs like a charm.
The reel is a sturdy and time proven Sage Spectrum Reel. It is a machined aluminum, large arbor reel with a sealed drag system. This reel performs well in tight rivers, long runs, and even in the saltwater, hands down one of our shop favorites.
We chose the Rio Grand line for this rod package. The line is a weight forward, floating line, with an extra heavy front head for extra loading action on the Boost. The Grand is a two-toned line, so when you see the belly in your rod, you know it’s time to pick it up, false cast a couple times, and watch the line fly. Because of the heavy front taper of this line, it also rolls over big bead rigs with minimal effort.
The package comes with a rod tube, neoprene reel case, PowerFlex Trout leader, 20lb dacron backing, and lifetime warranty to first owner.
This rod package will save you $80 over buying everything separately!!!
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.
- The Boost is a go to for chucking big flies without fatigue. This rod feels great in the hand and pe ...
- Hands down this is the BEST salmon & steelhead package you'll find for the price. We have fished ...
- The Southeast Alaska Bead Starter Kit is designed to get you bead fishing in Southeast's streams dur ...
- Looking for a trout rod to throw streamers and easily toss bead rigs? Our custom Echo Boost rod with ...
- The Premier Rio Grand with Slick Cast Coating is the perfect Alaskan line. The fly line is graded a ...