The Premier Rio Grand with Slick Cast Coating is the perfect Alaskan line. The fly line is graded a full line size heavier than industry standard, so the Grand works best on fast-action rods with big flies. Even with its over sized taper, it is an extremely smooth casting line. Add Rio’s Slick Cast to the mix and our most popular fly line just got better.
Rio Grand Premier Line
DESIGNED FOR fast-action fly rods with ultra-slick performance.
– A full line size heavier to easily load fast rods
– Built with RIO’s exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast
– Front loaded, short head
Built with a supple,coldwater core and coating The RIO GRAND is a full line size heavier than the industry standard, and features more weight distributed towards the front of the line to easily load faster action fly rods. The line has a short head that is easy to cast, and is built with “MaxFloat Tip” technology, RIO’s proprietary tip coating formula that floats more than twice as high as regular line tips, without any increase in diameter.
In addition, this line is built with SlickCast, creating the slickest, most durable coating on the market—producing the least amount of friction ever measured in a fly line.
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.
- Fly line dressing from the folks who know fly lines. Comes with a Wonder Cloth micro abrasive cleani ...
- Hands down this is the BEST salmon & steelhead package you'll find for the price. We have fished ...
- Tutti Fruiti (Chartreuse & Pink) is quickly catching up to Chartreuse & White as the #1 Clou ...
- An absolutely wicked silver salmon fly! Our good friends at Angler's Alibi on the Alagnak River tipp ...
- The slight color contrast of Fuschia and Pink gives this custom Dolly Llama a look like no other. It ...
- The Alaskan S.T.S. Leech is equally adept at catching trout, steelhead and silvers. Early in the sea ...