Grip Shooter Running Line from Rio is one of our top choices when fishing Skagit and Scandi Shooting heads. The coated handling section of this mono running line makes for great casting ease.
Rio Grip Shooter Running Line
GripShooter is based on the very popular SlickShooter, but has a thick, coated handling section that makes it very easy to grip in cold conditions.
The thin nylon shooting line gives casters maximum distance, is light enough to hold off the water at range and allows anglers great control of their head and fly far out in the swing.
A neat welded loop at the front end allows for fast and efficient head changes.
Thick, highly visible handling section for grip, durability and visibility.
What size do you need? It depends on the grain weight of the head you are casting:
- 200-450 grain -> 25lb Gripshooter
- 450-575 grain -> 35lb Gripshooter
- 575-675 grain -> 44lb Gripshooter
- 675 grain and larger -> 50lb Gripshooter
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.
- The Rio Switch line is perfect for the person who wishes to effectively fish with indicators out of ...
- Need a good way to deal with those stinkin' shooting heads for your switch or spey? Look no further. ...
- Airflo took their already legendary Skagit Compact Shooting Heads and made them even better. The G2 ...
- Looking for a floating line that cast's like a Skagit? Take a look at the Airflo Rage. Its scandi/sk ...
- The Rio Switch Chucker is a hybrid between an indicator line and a spey casting line. This line is p ...
- Rio's Skagit Max Short is our choice for switch rods as well as your single hand rod. The taper real ...