Lamson’s Guru Series just keeps getting better. The Guru S is their lowest-priced fully machined, saltwater safe reel. The design maximizes structural strength and minimizes weight. It also shares identical drag design and components with their top reels. Durable, reliable and at under $300 the Guru S is hard to beat.
Lamson Guru S Reel – OG
$129.99 – $299.99
The Lamson Guru S is the ideal reel for someone looking for a fully machined aluminum reel while keeping the price affordable. The Guru’s design maximizes structural strength and minimizes weight, making it more durable than any cast aluminum reel, and now with larger line capacity and line pick up speed. A huge benefit to buying within the Lamson family: whether you are purchasing the highest end reel or the lowest end reel, the drag design and components are identical throughout.
The Guru is available in a 4-10 weight, and is finished with a clear type 2 anodization. This reel is perfect for estuary, saltwater, and freshwater fishing for both salmon and trout.
GURU S SPECS
|SIZE||DIAMETER||WIDTH||WEIGHT||ROD WEIGHT||LINE||BACKING CAPACITY|
|-3+||3.20″||0.90″||3.73 oz||2.3.4||WF4||60 yds 20#|
|-5+||3.55″||1.00″||4.41 oz||4.5.6||WF6||100 yds 20#|
|-7+||3.97″||1.13″||5.04 oz||6.7.8||WF8||180 yds 20#|
|-9+||4.11″||1.23″||5.83 oz||8.9.10||WF10||220 yds 30#|
Totally enlightened. Steadfast and stylish, Guru has long set a standard for enlightened excellence as a rugged, fully USA-machined, and ultra-reliable reel at a great price. By increasing the arbor to a larger diameter and making the spool narrower—all the while decreasing its total weight and parts—Guru S takes it to another level. An enhanced spool machining technique—focusing material only where it’s needed—makes this version significantly lighter and higher performing than its predecessor. We’ve opened the porting to reduce weight and improve line drying, and integrated the counterbalance. We even introduced a curved cross-section for structural stability. Taking your game to fishing nirvana, this will be your Guru for life.
** Guru S Spools also fit Guru S HD Reels **
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.
You may also like…
- The Generation 2 Hatch 7 Plus Finatic is the one reel that rules them all. From Steelhead to B ...
- The Nautilus CCF-X2 is one heck of a reel. With a drag strength of 20+ lb it can handle ...
- If you want a heavy duty reel that can hang with the best of them but costs under $500 then check ou ...
- This is the "Heavy Duty" version of the Guru S reel by Lamson. The full cage design adds anoth ...
- This is where the 'good reels' start. The Sage Spectrum is a fully machined large arbor reel with a ...
- The Premier Rio Grand with Slick Cast Coating is the perfect Alaskan line. The fly line is graded a ...