The Nautilus CCF-X2 is one heck of a reel. With a drag strength of 20+ lb it can handle Alaskan-sized fish. It is loaded with high-end features, is beautifully machined and sports an oversized drag knob so you can fight fish even when your hands are half-frozen! It is built to last and will serve you well for many years.
Nautilus CCF-X2 Reels & Spools
$265.00 – $795.00
The Nautilus CCF-X2 is an awesome reel for someone looking for a large, sturdy reel for salmon and big game fishing. The reel is sleek, incredibly smooth and picks up line quickly. If you spend your days in estuaries, saltwater, or fishing for large fish in big water, this reel is made for you. The CCF-X2 is an impressive reel, and a real force to be reckoned with. Fantastic reel for either a single-handed rod or a switch/spey rod.
The newest addition to the Nautilus family is the CCF-X2. The multiple award winning dual action CCF-X2 drag system features twice the drag strength (20lbs+), twice the smoothness and half the startup inertia as the former CCF.
The CCF-X2 is featured in 4 sizes – the 6/8, 8/10, 10/12 and Silver King. All reels feature the made-for-fish fighting, big game handle and are fully sealed using our proprietary Activseal technology. Other components included in the CCF-X2 line are hybrid ceramic bearings, TPX bushings and an oversized drag knob to adjust the smoothest drag from zero to max in 6 full turns with our Infinajust system.
The 6/8 is a 4-inch large arbor 6-8 weight reel. For more line pick up, the 8/10 is a great 8 weight with almost 12 inches of line pick up with a WF8 line per turn of the handle. The 4.5-inch 8/10 and 10/12 reels share the same frame and the spools can be interchanged for a set up that covers 8 to 12 weight lines with just an extra spool.
The Silver King is the latest addition to the CCF-X2 line and is the world’s lightest 5-inch diameter true big game reel on the market. This dominator of all things silver picks up 14-inches of line per turn of the handle and will reel in your prize like none other.
In addition, this reel is fully sealed and loaded with hybrid ceramic bearings, TPX bushings and an oversized drag knob with Infinadjust range settings.
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.
- There is no finer switch rod for the money. The Echo SR is crisp but easy to cast, has tons of power ...
- Do you dream of catching huge King Salmon on a spey rod? We have the rod for you. The Echo King is a ...
- The Hatch Iconic 7 Plus is the one reel that rules them all. From Steelhead to Bonefish, the 7 ...
- Egg Sucking Leeches have long been a great king salmon fly in Alaska. But finding one on a big enoug ...
- The Chartreuse Kriller is an amazing combination of realistic shrimpy fly and bright attractor patte ...
- The Red Kriller is an amazing combination of realistic shrimpy fly and bright attractor pattern. Ste ...
There are no reviews yet.