Perfect for those days on the water that you’re not entirely sure what species or size of fish you may be catching. Carry both along with you, because why not?!
Fishpond Quikshot Rod Holder 2.0
Have you found yourself on the water with a 5wt and realize you see a monster out there that demands an 8, and when you return with your 8wt the monster has disappeared? Well, with the Fishpond Quickshot 2.0 you can carry both along with you and never miss a chance!
The closest thing to having a full time rod caddie on the water with you. A pack of GT’s at 2 o’clock 120′ out and they are coming in hot! Get that bonefish rod out of your hand and grab the 12wt that is neatly tucked onto the side of your pack. With the flip of the FidLock®, the switch has been made and it’s time to strip line, make the shot, and do battle. Having the right tool for the job when you need it is crucial for success. This is why we have designed a clean system that keeps your fully rigged rods fully secured, at the ready, and completely out of your way while fishing. From your favorite trout stream to far-off angling destinations, we have your success in mind.
– Updated from our first version, the new 2.0 Quikshot Rod Holder has an improved back attachment for using on Fishpond packs and on wader belts.
– Also updated from the previous version, the rod holder has been simplified to no longer use a magnetic release, which means strong winds and heavy reels won’t force the magnetic clasp open. The new side release buckle is stronger but still opens with the pinch of your fingers.
– Thermoformed molded rod holder cradles any size rod handle
– Webbing loop with a polytube overlay for holding the butt of a standard rod or a fighting butt
– Quick release buckle with webbing adjustment secures the rod handle into the rod cradle, and releases your fully rigged rod with just one quick pinch.
– Includes upper magnetic closure to add additional stability when using our backpacks
– Adjustable back attachment system will attach to the molded tabs found on many Fishpond products, or to most Wader belts. The system can be adjsuted to fit to 30mm or 50mm width webbing.
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.