SAGE’S X Series 11′ 6wt is the go getter for trophy trout. Use this rod for rivers big or small, from the boat or shore with any technique desired. A true “Switch” rod and all around performer. If you already own an 8 weight switch, this is your lighter trout rod of choice. A Kenai River big bow favorite!
Sage X Series 6110-4
Out of stock
Out of stock
This rod is ideal for swinging leeches for trout on rivers in Bristol Bay or casting for Dollies or Pinks off of beaches in SE Alaska, Washington and B.C. Also a great summer steelhead rod for rivers like the Rogue, Deschutes and Grande Ronde.
Change over to a singlehand line and this rod converts to a nymphing/beading machine terrorizing rivers like the Agulapak, Brooks and Moraine. An outstanding rod both in the boat or on the shore.
-Hatch 7 Plus
-Sage Spectrum Max 8
-Lamson Guru S HD 7+
-Nautilus CCFX2 68
Single Hand/Overhead Applications:
-Rio Switch 6/7 – Great for nymphing/beading from boat or shore or use with a light sink tip for single hand streamer use.
-Rio Switch Chucker 6 – The all-around line of choice that does a variety of switch casts well and also overheads nicely.
-Rio Coldwater Outbound WF-7-F or WF-7-Intermediate for beach casting
-Rio Grand WF-7-F for dry line work and nymphing
Double Hand/Spey Application
-Airflo Scandi Compact 390-420 gr.-For dry line use such as skating dries and swinging nymphs (We like the 390gr for advanced casters and the 420 for intermediate to novice casters. Anglers who really like to load the rod will choose the 420 gr.)
-Airflo Skagit Switch 390-420gr.-For use with a sink tip and heavier flies (We like the 390gr for most sink tip needs, but those who like to heavily load the rod may prefer the 420gr.)
Sink Tips and Poly Leaders
-Airflo 10′ Polyleaders (Floating and Intermediate sink for use with Scandi Heads and Fast Sink-Extra Super Fast for use with Skagit-style heads.)
-Airflo Custom Cut 200 gr. cut to 6′ – 9′ (Use with Skagit style heads and lines.)
-Rio T8 cut to 10′ – 12′(Use with Skagit style heads and lines.)
-Rio M.O.W. Tips in Light (T-8) or Medium (T-11) are ideal.
The new Two-Handed X rods let you experience the remarkable benefits of KonneticHD Technology through access to the more powerful lower sections of the rod, allowing for easier and more efficient load carry through the casting stroke. The shaft’s significantly enhanced recovery and crisper tip stop optimize line speed to deliver long, smooth casts. The decreased vertical movement and vibrations in the blank result in a more accurate and efficient presentation.
– KonneticHD Technology®
– Black Spruce blank color
– Dark Green thread wraps with Metallic Grey trim wraps
– Fuji ceramic stripper guides
– Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
– Stealth Black anodized aluminum reel seat, down-locking on
– Spey models, up-locking on Switch models.
– Integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat on Switch models.
– Laser etched line weight on slide band
– Super Plus fore grip and rear grip
– Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Black Spruce model tag
– Evergreen powder coated aluminum rod tube with
– Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.
- If you are casting large, weighted flies long distances, the Rio Outbound Short is the ticket. The T ...
- The 5 Plus Iconic reel is a fantastic all-around reel for streamer fishing or throwing big dri ...
There are no reviews yet.