The Sage R8 does it all and does it with ease. A relaxed casting stroke is all it takes to throw laser loops with deadly accuracy. From massive flies to brutal headwinds, we all know the challenges of fishing in Alaska. The R8 gives you a decided advantage when the conditions are at their most challenging. And it will put a huge smile on your face!
Sage R8 Core
MULTI-APPLICATION / FAST ACTION
R8 CORE is focused on maximum versatility and applies new revolutionary R8 material technology through our forward-thinking lens of what we’re seeing out on the water – where one rod needs to show even greater range. At its core, R8 CORE traces a direct lineage to Sage’s multi-application / fast action vision, one shaped by the fishing evolutions happening all around us—from habitats we stalk and waters we frequent, to the flies we fish and the diversity of species we now target. Coming in a range from 3wt to 9wt, with a variety of lengths from 8’6” to 10’0”, there’s sure to be a model to fit the core needs of every freshwater angler.
• Effortless Energy Transfer and More Connected Feel
• Maximized Versatility & Control
• Made to Fish, Not Just Cast
– Revolution 8 Technology
– Silver Pine blank color
– Slate primary thread wraps with graduated White and Grey trim
– Fuji ceramic stripper guides with hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
– Black rod bag with new cord lock for quicker, easier, and cleaner storage
– Aluminium rod tube with Sage medallion 3wt – 6wt
– Sustainable Ziricote wood insert with anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
– Premium Flor grade snub-nose half-wells cork handle 5wt – 9wt
– Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat
– Premium Flor grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
– Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper.
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.
There are no reviews yet.