Want to have some fun coho fishing? Want a rod that can launch a #2 Dolly Llama, subdue a mega coho, and put a huge smile on your face? Then check out the #9 Bad Ass Glass. We have used this rod extensively and have found the 9 weight is the ideal size for Alaska. And at under $300, you can add one to your collection without dinging your bank account too hard.
Echo Bad Ass Glass Quickshot – 9 weight 8’0″
The Bad Ass Glass Quickshot will change your mind about how fiberglass rods cast and fish. The action is medium to medium-fast and as long as you mellow out your casting stroke a bit, this rod will deliver the mail. It casts nicely at close range and if you want to pop a long cast it will do that, too. A tremendous amount of fun for under $300!
A Glimpse at the Future of Fiberglass
The B.A.G. is a rod designed for big game fisheries where you need to huck big rigs to big fish and do it quickly. Something previously thought of as well outside the world of fiberglass rods!
Faster, Lighter, More Powerful
“Slow” and “fiberglass” are no longer one-in-the-same. The B.A.G. Quickshot is ready to fish all day and keep it snappy. Zip streamers on quick short shots or lay on the throttle to go the distance.
- Four piece travel design
- Action: Glass Fast
- Blank: Translucent Sky Blue
- Tube: Unique fiberglass rod tube
- Guides: Stainless w/ low-friction ceramic stripper
- Grips: Features two grip styles
- Reel Seat: Maintenance-free aluminum
- Please note: All Bad Ass Glass rods are hand-built, including the paint color. Due to the nature of painted translucent finishes, there may be color variances throughout the rod. Each rod is its own unique piece of art!
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.
There are no reviews yet.