Rio’s Skagit Max Short is our choice for switch rods as well as your single hand rod. The taper really loads your rod to allow easy casts and the ability to pick up big flies and deliver them. At the same time, the subtle taper generates smooth loops that really fly!
Rio Skagit Max Short – 40% Off
Head length: 275 Grain and larger are all 20′. 250 Grain and smaller are 17′.
Note: these heads need to be matched up with a running line and a sink tip.
Running Line Suggested Sizes:
- 200 Grain – 400 Grain: 25lb Grip Shooter or .026 ConnectCore
- 400 Grain – 550 Grain: 35lb Grip Shooter or .032 Connectcore
- 550 Grain – 650 Grain: 44lb Grip Shooter or .032 Connectcore
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.
- Grip Shooter Running Line from Rio is one of our top choices when fishing Skagit and Scandi Shooting ...
- Sale! .042 is ideal for matching up with Skagit Heads of 675 grains and larger. ONLY ONE LEFT! Connect ...