The Thunderhead Chest Pack is a sweet 100% waterproof pack that allows you to bring all your gear for a day on the water plus it features a clever net holster storage system. It also dovetails with Fishpond backpacks and easily clips onto either the Thunderhead Backpack or the Wind River Roll Top Back Pack.
Fishpond Thunderhead Chest Pack
From Us: Minimalist in design but large enough to carry what you need for a day on the water. It is constructed of rugged 900D TPU coated NewStream fabric so it will hold up to all your bushwacking adventures. The waterproof closure is the easy-tozip TruZip zipper so you know your gear will stay dry even in the worst weather or if you go for an unexpected swim. We really like the size as it is small enough to fit on your chest without seeming bulky but large enough to hold your essential gear.
Just the right amount of attachment points allow you to hang forceps, Headgate Tippet Holder (which we love) and other accessories off this pack.
It has an outer non-waterproof zipper pocket for small items like split shot and indicators. It also has a small interior zipper pocket and a small stash pocket. Finally, if you were so inclined, you could take all the straps off the pack, feed it onto your wading belt, and wear it as a wading belt pack.
THIS UTILITARIAN CHEST PACK IS BUILT TO PROTECT YOUR GEAR FROM THE ELEMENTS.
The Thunderhead Chest Pack delivers a waterproof carry system created to purposefully load all of the essential gear for a day on the water, including a net holster that seats your long or short handled net perfectly. Bring along what you need, instead of what you have. While it’s a great standalone piece, it also integrates into our backpacks and can be lashed to your boat providing quick secure storage for wet rides. Built out of our trusted 900D TPU coated NewStream fabric, this utilitarian chest pack is built to protect your gear from the elements.
- 900D TPU coated NewStream fabric
- Fully waterproof, self-healing TRU Zip zipper closure on main compartment
- Front stretch pocket with zipper closure
- Lightweight foam back panel with integrated net slot
- Interior organization with zippered pocket
- Exterior Hypalon tabs for tool and accessory attachment
- Double reinforced webbing shoulder straps
- Modular buckles detach from the back harness and attach to any of our compatible backpacks
- Multiple webbing adjustment points for easy fit
- Can be worn or strapped down to a frame with webbing pass-through on the back
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.
- The Fishpond Wind River Roll Top is a great pack you can wear all day while you hike through the Ton ...
- If you need to carry big saltwater spools of tippet or a wide range of standard tippet then the Fish ...
- Keep your spools of tippet handy with the Headgate Tippet Holder. ...