Whether you are looking for a reel for small stream adventures, or a reel that will help you land a 20" sea run, Abel's TR's are the ideal trout reel. A simplistic click-pawl drag gives you just enough drag support for no free spooling, but also gives you the ability to let fish run and play like they are meant to!
This is one of our favorite reels for fishing Alaskan trout. Classic, smooth, and when the fish runs, everyone can hear around you! All reels in stock are a BLACK finish. If you would like custom colors, let us know!
The return of a classic. The new Abel TR stays true to the roots of the original, but with a striking modern design and feel. The partial porting of the frame draws from the Abel lineage, and its unique features are as inventive as anything Abel has ever produced.
Crafted by our expert machinists in Montrose, Colorado, the TR is a lightweight masterpiece. An integrated precision-balanced clicker on the spool eliminates the need for a counterweight, yielding a clean look and retaining an iconic click-pawl sound. The pronounced palming rim is deliberately shaped to manually control drag pressure in all fishing conditions. The TR also features a large-arbor spool engineered to reduce line memory and increase retrieval rate. Machined stainless steel accents on both the frame and spool add that extra level of detail found only in an Abel reel.
- Only 21 meticulously machined parts ensure a lifetime of dependable use
- A time honored click-pawl system protects light tippet while preventing overrun
- Partially-ported frame for the perfect balance of weight, sound, and aesthetics
- Milled silhouettes of a stonefly, caddis, and mayfly inside the frame
- Quick-change spool with a threaded release cap and large-arbor design
- Designed & machined by trout junkies in Colorado
- Made in the USA