The 6/7/8 is an ideal fit on 6, 7 or 8 weight Spey rods. You can also match it with an 8 weight switch rod. It would lend itself more to anglers who are doing more Spey-style casts on their switch rod since it is a bit heavier than many other switch reels.
SPECS FOR 6/7/8: Diameter: 4 1/8″ Weight: 9 13/16 ounces Width: 1 11/16″ Capacity: 600 Grain Skagit Head + running line + 150 yards of 20lb backing
The 7/8/9 is the true Spey rod reel. It balances beautifully on 13 foot and longer rods in the 7-9 weight range.
SPECS FOR 7/8/9: Diameter: 4 7/16″ Weight: 10 7/8 ounces Width: 1 3/4″ Capacity: 700 Grain Skagit Head + running line + 150 yards of 30lb backing
Classic aesthetics with modern performance. The SPEY introduces a reel designed for the angler looking for a reel that addresses the nuances of Spey fishing. Heavier to better balance longer rods and increased capacity to hold larger Spey lines, the SPEY features full line guards to assure thin running lines do not migrate between the spool and frame during dynamic casting motions. A romantic appeal to designs and colors that reflect the classic feel of old yet packed with performance features that will assure you’ll never lose that fish of a lifetime.
- SCS Drag
- Machined and anodized aluminum One Revolution Drag Knob with numbered and detented settings
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Neoprene and embroidered ballistic nylon reel case
- Machined aluminum full frame construction
- Minimal porting for classic look and heavier balance
- Machined and anodized aluminum hub and ergonomic handle