If you are casting large, weighted flies long distances, the Rio Outbound Short is the ticket. The Type 3 is considered a medium sink rate line. It sinks at 3.0 inches per second and is ideal for getting your fly into the strike zone.
Rio InTouch OutBound Short – Type 3 Medium Sink Tip Line
We love the Outbound Short for fishing off the beach for kings or silvers, or in larger rivers where dropping your fly through heavy current is mandatory. This line is the best out there for turning over big flies and when you let it go it really flies! Plus the ultra-low stretch in the line makes for solid hook ups.
Exceptionally powerful, easy casting, line built for maximum distance, with ultra-low stretch performance.
The Outbound Short is a 100 foot line. The running line is 70 feet of intermediate sink and the head is 30 feet of Type 3 (3.0 ips) sink tip.
RIO’s InTouch OutBound Short series of lines are designed to cast large and heavy flies very long distances. Built with RIO’s ultra-low stretch ConnectCore Technology. A short, aggressive front taper easily carries large, weighted streamers, while the powerful head design loads rods deeply and efficiently for effortless casts. A full range of densities make this a very versatile line series. Each line features RIO’s XS Technology for super slick performance, and is built with a supple, coldwater coating that ensures the line remains tangle-free.
– Ultra-low stretch ConnectCore for maximum performance
– Front loaded to cast large flies with ease
– Designed for easy distance
– XS Technology for a super slick coating
– Welded loops for fast rigging
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.
- The Airflo Velocity is the ideal line for a beginner or someone looking for a smooth casting afforda ...
- If the warmwater flats are your destination, this is the line you want. Rio's Bonefish line is the l ...
- Rio's Avid Trout line is solid performer in the mid-price arena. The Avid is super slick and is desi ...
- SAGE'S X Series 11' 6wt is the go getter for trophy trout. Use this rod for rivers big or small, fro ...
- The perfect salmon and steelhead leader for fishing with a sinking tip line. The shorter 6 foot leng ...