Black Dazl Eyes give your fly a stealth bomber look. When you want lead eyes but in a toned-down way, go with these. Dazl Eyes are perfectly machined from non-toxic brass and are more durable than lead. 25 per pack except 7/32″ which has 20.
Dazl Eyes – Black
A few size suggestions:
- 3/32″ are tiny eyes for the smallest of minnows.
- 1/8″ is for very small trout flies and saltwater patterns such as Mini Intruders, salmon fry and smolt, Gotchas and Christmas Island Specials.
- 5/32″ is for small baitfish and saltwater patterns in #8’s and #6’s. One of our go to’s in Clousers for trout and dolly varden.
- 3/16″ is the go-to size for all your standard Clousers (#2-#6) or light salmon flies like Starlite Leeches, #2 Hareball Leeches, etc…
- 7/32″ is for super heavy Clousers or lead eye salmon flies like #1/0 Hareball Leeches, Articulated Hareball Leeches and #1/0 Mr. BoDangles.
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.