The default eye for all your tying needs. Dazl Eyes are perfectly machined from non-toxic brass and are more durable than lead. 25 per pack except 7/32″ which has 20.
Dazl Eyes – Gold
$5.50 – $10.50
A few size suggestions:
- 3/32″ are tiny eyes for the smallest of minnows.
- 1/8″ is for very small trout flies.
- 5/32″ is for small Clousers such as a #8 or smaller or if you want to tie a lightly weighted Clouser.
- 3/16″ is the go-to size for all your standard Clousers (#2-#6) or light salmon flies.
- 7/32″ is for super heavy Clousers or lead eye salmon flies like Hareball Leeches.
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.