If we didn’t know any better, we would think this bag was made specifically for Alaska. The Fishpond Thunderhead Submersible Backpack is one of the sweetest packs we have used. Whether you are gearing up for a day fishing trip or just tromping around town, this bag is comfortable, fully submersible, and practically bomb proof.
Fishpond Thunderhead Submersible Backpack – Yucca
From big hikes into remote reaches of water or the urban commuter landscape of the city, we keep your most important items completely protected from the elements. This fully submersible backpack is one of our toughest bags ever, constructed with our bombproof 1680d TPU coated recycled Cyclepond nylon, a waterproof TIZIP closure, and a sturdy harness system for a more comfortable carry.
This new pack is equipped to carry and protect everything you could ever need for a day on the water. Whether in the boat rolling through rapids or on your back bushwhacking along the banks, the Thunderhead Submersible Backpack is sure to keep your cameras, lunch and tackle dry. Explore with confidence knowing that the new Thunderhead Submersible Backpack will shield all of your gear from whatever Mother Nature throws your way!
– 1680D TPU coated recycled nylon
– Fully waterproof TIZIP® zipper closure on the main compartment
– Water resistant zipper closure on the front pocket
– Lightweight foam shoulder strap, hip belt, and molded back panel
– Hip belt is removable and can also be vertically adjusted for different torso lengths
– Coated webbing daisy chain and D-Ring on front panel for various accessory attachments.
– One set of Fishpond gear straps (included) that can be positioned on left or right side
– Coated webbing pull tabs for opening the TIZIP®
– Interior organization with one zippered pocket and one clear stash pocket for small gear
– Compatible with many Fishpond chest packs with modular buckles on the shoulder straps and hipbelt
– Coated webbing haul handle
– 28L (1,648 Cu. In)
– 21″ x 12″ x9″
– Matches up with the Fishpond Quickshooter Rod Holder, too!
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.