A proven waterproof hip pack that is ideal for all you need to carry for a day on the water. Fishpond has sized this pack perfectly to carry enough but not too much. Great design features such as a net slot, places to add on accessories and small interior pockets round out this great pack.
Fishpond Thunderhead Submersible Lumbar Pack – Yucca
The Thunderhead Lumbar is a fully waterproof pack that is built with your comfort and personal gear in mind, even when you find yourself in the worst conditions. If you don’t like the weather, wait 10 minutes. We designed this bag for anglers who brave conditions in search of the moment when it all goes off. The clean layout gives you a simple way to organize your gear, which can range from high end cameras, boxes of hand tied flies, to your peanut butter and jelly, all of which need to stay dry. Not only does it deliver an airtight closure system with the TIZIP waterproof and submersible zipper, but it is also built for all-day comfort with padding in all the right places. Constructed out of our ultra tough 1680d TPU coated recycled Cyclepond nylon, our Thunderhead is as tough as the name suggests. From deep mountain canyons to the saltwater flats, the Thunderhead Lumbar is built for your next big adventure.
- 1680D TPU coated recycled nylon
- Fully waterproof TIZIP® zipper closure on the main compartment
- Front stretch mesh pocket with zipper closure
- Lightweight foam backpanel and hipbelt
- Interior organization with one zippered pocket, and one clear stash pocket for small gear
- Integrated net slot
- Exterior Hypalon® tabs and reinforced cord loops for tool and accessory attachment
- Coated webbing pull tabs for opening the TIZIP®
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Padded shoulder strap pad with tool and accessory attachment
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.