The 11′ 7wt. X Series Switch is considered the “cross over” rod. From big trout and summer steelhead to pinks, chums, sockeye and silvers. This rod truly matches up to most species found in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest.
Sage X Series 7110-4
The 7110-4 X Series is the light cannon of Sage’s X Switch series. From swinging leeches with a sink tip to 10′ bead rigs, the 7110-4 works wonders on the big trout and char found in Bristol Bay, Iliamna, Naknek and the Kenai.
This rod also doubles over to tackle every species of anadromous salmon and trout with the exception of the mighty King Salmon.
Heading down to South America to fish the Patagonian Coast or Tierra Del Fuego? Pack one of these Switch rods to do battle with the mighty fish of the Southern Hemisphere.
-Nautilus NV 8/9, or CCFX2 10
-Lamson Guru HD 4
-Hatch 9 Plus
Single Hand Lines:
-Rio Coldwater Outbound WF-8 for beach casting or overhead casting from a boat
-Rio Grand WF-8-F for dry line and indicator use
-Rio Switch 7/8 -Great for bead/nymphing from boats or foot, light sink tip single hand work
-Rio Switch Chucker 7 weight for all around switch casting and overhead casting.
Double Hand/Spey Lines:
-Airflo Scandi Compact 420-450gr.-For dry line use such as skating dries and swinging nymphs (Advanced casters that like lighter lines will like the 420gr. We like the 420gr all around and the 450gr. is good for novice casters and those who really like to load the rod.)
-Airflo Skagit Compact, Skagit Switch 450-500gr.-For use with a sink tips and heavier flies. The longer Compact will be prefered by advance casters and the Switch will be prefered by beginner to intermediate caster. (We like both in the 480gr.)
-Airflo Rage 450gr. This Scandi/Skagit Hybrid is a great choice for multiple applications
Poly Leaders/Sink Tips:
-Airflo 10-14′ Polyleaders (Floating and Intermediate sink for use with Scandi Heads and Fast Sink-Extra Super Fast for use with Skagit-style heads.)
-Airflo Custom Cut 200 gr. cut to 8′-12′ (Use with Skagit style heads and lines.)
-Rio T8 cut to 10′-12′, T11 cut to 10′ (Use with Skagit style heads and lines.)
-Rio M.O.W. Tips in Medium (T-11) are ideal. Light (T-8) work as well.
The new Two-Handed X rods let you experience the remarkable benefits of KonneticHD Technology through access to the more powerful lower sections of the rod, allowing for easier and more efficient load carry through the casting stroke. The shaft’s significantly enhanced recovery and crisper tip stop optimize line speed to deliver long, smooth casts. The decreased vertical movement and vibrations in the blank result in a more accurate and efficient presentation.
– KonneticHD Technology®
– Black Spruce blank color
– Dark Green thread wraps with Metallic Grey trim wraps
– Fuji ceramic stripper guides
– Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
– Stealth Black anodized aluminum reel seat, down-locking on
– Spey models, up-locking on Switch models.
– Integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat on Switch models.
– Laser etched line weight on slide band
– Super Plus fore grip and rear grip
– Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Black Spruce model tag
– Evergreen powder coated aluminum rod tube with
– Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.
- Airflo's Polyleaders are the perfect fit when fishing Skagit and Scandi heads. Five foot Polyleaders ...
- The Generation 2 Hatch 7 Plus Finatic is the one reel that rules them all. From Steelhead to B ...
- Airflo took their already legendary Skagit Compact Shooting Heads and made them even better. The G2 ...