The Sage Pulse Switch 8 wt. is one of our favorte rods for swinging flies and nymphing beads. It does both exceptionally well.
The medium progressive action makes this rod easy to spey cast both skagit and scandi style lines. At the same time it single hand roll casts and over hand casts big nasty indicator/bead rigs with ease and mends line likes she's a true spey rod.
Great for small tight coastal rivers, yet equally as good on river like the Kvichak, Kenai or Naknek. Also a great stick for the Deschutes and others in the lower 48.
Fly Line Recomendations:
Rio Switch Chucker 8 weight - the all-around line that overheads nicely and will perform an array of switch casts.
Rio Switch 8/9 - the line to go with if you primarily fish out of a boat or need to make long distance mends.
-Airflo Scandi Compact 450
-Airflo Rage 450
-Airflo Skagit Switch 510
- Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA
- Graphite IIIe Technology
- Fast action
- Lichen blank color
- Olive thread wraps with Black trim wraps
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Gloss Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Cork fore grip and rear grip
- Black nylon rod tube with divided liner
- Lifetime Guarantee