The Sage X might be the best rod ever made. Perfect for Alaskan fishing or anywhere else you might venture. Fast but with feel perfectly describes the X. When you first pick it up it you’ll notice how incredibly light in the hand it is. A quick shake and you can feel its power and fast action.
Sage X Rod
The Sage X might be the best rod ever made. Perfect for Alaskan fishing or anywhere else you might venture. Fast but with feel perfectly describes the X. When you first pick it up it you’ll notice how incredibly light in the hand it is. A quick shake and you can feel its power and fast action. But the real test is when you cast and fish it. It is incredibly easy to cast. Whether you like to punch your casts or go slow and easy, the X Rod delivers smooth and accurate loops.
WHAT SAGE SAYS:
The X rod’s all-new fast action taper built with our KonneticHD Technology delivers greater blank recovery and a crisper tip stop – creating tighter, more efficient loops throughout all ranges of casting styles. This taper allows you to dig deeper into the rod and access the lower sections, shifting power closer to the angler. Decreased lateral and medial movement and vibrations in the blank result in a more accurate and efficient presentation, resulting in a performance driven, forgiving fast action blank – refining the synergy between angler, rod, line, and fly.
– KonneticHD Technology®
– Black Spruce blank color
– Dark Green thread wraps with Metallic Grey trim wraps
– Fuji ceramic stripper guides
– Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
– Freshwater 3 – 6 weights:
– Vera wood insert with Stealth Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
– Flor grade snub nosed half-wells cork handle
– Saltwater 5-10 weights:
– Stealth Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
– Integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat
– Flor quality full-wells cork handle with EVA fighting butt
– Laser etched line weight on slide band
– Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Black Spruce model tag
– Evergreen powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
– Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA
Brad Elfers has been a fly fishing & river guide in Alaska since 1993.He opened Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in 1998.
Get an expert answer to your Alaska fly fishing and travel question! See answered questions.
- Imagine yourself on a big Alaskan river full of brawny salmon. You pick up your line, make two ...
- The TDF Fish Skull Electric Leech is a great streamer pattern for trout, steelhead and char. It can ...
- Dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee, I'm gonna hook the fish that bites me. We bred two of the ...
- Big fish eat little fish and they don't care if they are the same species. The Rainbow version will ...