This rod has a bit more oomph than her little sister. The 6116-4 is considered to be the Pacific Northwest "all around" performer. This rod is ideal for swinging leeches for trout on rivers in Bristol Bay or casting for Dollies or Pinks off of beaches in SE Alaska, Wasington and B.C. Also a great summer steelhead rod for rivers like the Rogue and Grande Ronde. Change over to a singlehand line and this rod converts to a nymphing/beading machine terrorizing rivers like the Agulapak, Brooks and Morraine. Good both in the boat or on the shore,
- Sage 4280
- Lamson Arx 3+, Litespeed 3
- Nautilus NV 7/8, CCF 8 or FWX7/8
- Abel Super 7/8N, QC 7/8
Sinle Hand/Overhead Applications:
- Rio Switch 6/7 - Great for nymphing/beading from boat or shore or use with a light sink tip for single hand streamer use.
- Rio Outbound WF-7-F or WF-7-Intermediate for beach casting
- Rio Grand WF-7-F for dry line work and nymphing
- S.A.Mastery Salmon/Steelhead WF-7-F for beading and nymphing
- S.A. Textured Series Magnum Taper WF-7-F for dryline and nymphing/beading out of a boat.
- Airflo Ridge Clear Delta Taper 7/8 Dries, Nymphing/Beading from boar or shore. Really good for low, clear water.
Double Hand/Spey Application (330-420 grains):
- Airflo Scandi Compact 330-390 gr.-For dry line use such as skating dries and swinging nymphs (We like the 330gr for advanced casters and the 390 for intermediate to novice casters. Anglers who really like to load the rod will choose the 390 gr.)
- Airflo Skagit Switch 390-420gr.-For use with a sink tip and heavier flies (We like the 390gr for most sink tip needs, but those who like to heavily load the rod may prefer the 420gr.)
- Rio Scandi Short Versitip -#6 375 gr. This is a great all around choice for skagit or scandi work. One line covers most bases.
Sink Tips and Poly Leaders
- Airflo 10' Polyleaders (Floating and Intermediate sink for use with Scandi Heads and Fast Sink-Extra Super Fast for use with Skagit-style heads.)
- Airflo Custom Cut 200 gr. cut to 6' - 9' (Use with Skagit style heads and lines.)
- Rio T8 cut to 10' - 12'(Use with Skagit style heads and lines.)
- Fast action Konnetic Technology construction
- Black Ice shaft color
- Black primary thread wraps with bronze trimwraps
- Fuji stripper guides Hard chrome snake guides and tip-top
- Sage Super Plus custom cork fore grip and rear grip
- Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
- Golden bronze down locking anodized reel seat